Jeremiah and Rose Stamler Research Award for New Investigators
Applicants must submit abstracts to the EPI/Lifestyle 2015 Scientific Sessions, scheduled for March 3 - 6, 2015 in Baltimore, Maryland.
The Abstract and Award Application Deadline is Wednesday, October 15, 2014 at 11:59 PM CDT.
The Jeremiah and Rose Stamler Research Award for New Investigators is named for the Stamlers in appreciation of their seminal contributions to cardiovascular disease epidemiology. The award recognizes and stimulates excellence in research by investigators in training.
Up to five finalists will be selected by the council’s Program Committee and will be named in the program. Finalists will be asked to submit a five-page extended abstract, which will be the basis for selecting the recipient of the award. Finalists are selected based on abstract rating and the winner will be chosen on the basis of his or her contribution to the work as well as scientific merit, quality, and originality of the manuscript submitted.
The winner of the Jeremiah and Rose Stamler award will be announced during the conference. The awardee will receive a cash prize of $1,000 and a plaque. The other finalists will be awarded certificates of accomplishment.
• All applicants and their sponsor(s) must be members of the American Heart Association (AHA).
• Researchers in graduate and postgraduate training programs (degree or non-degree) as well as those in medical residency and fellowship programs are eligible for this award. Investigators with no more than two years of post-training experience are also eligible.
• The candidate must be the first and presenting author of the abstract.
• The work may not have been presented or published in any form.
• Winners are not eligible to re-enter the competition in subsequent years.
• Applicants may submit only one abstract for consideration for the award.
• Winners of this award are not eligible to receive cash compensation from another award during the joint EPI/Lifestyle Scientific Sessions.
How to Apply
• Submit an abstract to any category for the EPI/Lifestyle Conference by 11:59 PM CDT, Oct. 15, 2015. The abstract should be based on independent research conducted as part of your training.
• Select the award during the abstract submission process.
Upload the following REQUIRED documents during the submission process:
• Include a signed letter of endorsement from a department chair, advisor or other sponsor, certifying that you meet the eligibility criteria for this award and that the work presented in the abstract is yours. The letter should include your contribution to the formulation of the research hypothesis, data collection, analysis and interpretation.
• Submit a current Curriculum vitae
• (Finalists will be asked to submit an extended manuscript at a later date).
For questions, please contact:
Manager, Scientific Conference Programs
Phone: (720) 328-8078