Call for Nominations: 2014 Richard R. Rubin Award
Deadline: October 18, 2013
Formerly the Behavioral Medicine & Psychology Interest Group Lectureship for Distinguished Contributions, the Richard R. Rubin Award Lecture is given in memory of Richard R.Rubin, PhD, CDE, a long time Association volunteer, who served as President, Health Care and Education, and chair of the Council on Behavioral Medicine &
Psychology, and received numerous professional and service awards. Specifically, the Richard R. Rubin Award
recognizes a behavioral researcher who has made outstanding and/or innovations contributions in the study and understanding of the behavioral aspects of diabetes.
Criteria for Selection:
• Principal criteria for selection: To recognize a behavioral researcher who has made outstanding and/or innovative contributions in the study and understanding of behavioral aspects of diabetes.
• Nominee will be recognized for national and/or international contributions to the field of behavioral medicine in diabetes
• Nominee must be an active American Diabetes Association member.
• No specific degree requirements, but a clinical/research focus in behavioral health is strongly preferred
• Both U.S. and non-U.S. residents are eligible for Award.
• Contributions as an Amer ican Diabetes Association volunteer and to the broader diabetes community may also be taken into consideration.
• The recipient will deliver a lecture as part of a featured symposium at the Association’s Annual 74th Scientific Sessions, June 13-17, 2014 in San Francisco, CA.
• The recipient will lead a discussion related to the topic of the lectureship presentation at the Council Discussion
Session during the meeting
• Award includes a $1,000 honorarium.
• Award includes complimentary hotel accommodations for up to 3-nights within Association hotel block and
round-trip coach airfare for the recipients
• Includes one complimentary registration to Scientific Sessions
Should you need assistance with your nomination, please contact Mary Merkin at email@example.com or call 800-676-4065, ext 1371.