Roger R. Williams Memorial Award for Genetic Epidemiology and the Prevention and Treatment of Atherosclerosis
Applicants must submit abstracts to the EPI/Lifestyle 2015 Scientific Sessions, scheduled for March 3 -6, 2015 in Baltimore, Maryland.
The Abstract and Award Application Deadline is Wednesday, October 15, 2014 at 11:59 PM CDT.
The Roger R. Williams Memorial Award for Genetic Epidemiology and the Prevention and Treatment of Atherosclerosis is named for Dr. Roger R. Williams' pioneering work in the field of the genetics of inherited lipid disorders and the prevention of atherosclerosis.
The winner of the Roger R. Williams Genetic Epidemiology Award will be announced during the conference. The winning abstract will be the one achieving the highest average score of all applicants who submit abstracts to the category of genetic epidemiology. The awardee will receive a cash prize of $1,500 and a plaque.
• All applicants must be members of the American Heart Association (AHA).
• The candidate must be the first and presenting author of the abstract.
• The work may not have been previously presented or published in any form.
• Winners are not eligible to re-enter the competition in subsequent years.
• Applicants may submit only one abstract for consideration for the award.
• Winners of this award are not eligible to receive cash compensation from another award during the joint EPI/Lifestyle Scientific Sessions.
How To Apply
• Submit an abstract for the conference by 11:59 PM CDT on Oct. 15, 2014 to the Genetics category.
• Select the award during the abstract submission process.
• Upload your current curriculum vitae.
This award is made possible by a grant from Merck, Inc.
For questions, please contact:
Manager, Scientific Conference Programs
Phone: (720) 328-8078